We are thrilled to announce that Cash Cash will be joining The Chainsmokers and Daya on stage for 103.3 AMP Radio’s Electric Bounce House this year!
If you listen to 103.3 AMP Radio then you may already know a lot about Cash Cash, but did you know these 10 things?
1. The trio is from New Jersey
Jean Paul Makhlouf, Alex Makhlouf, and Sam Frisch all hail from Roseland, New Jersey. That’s right — Jean Paul and Alex are brothers!
2. After not copyrighting their original name The Consequence they changed their name to Cash Cash in 2008
Speaking with Empty Lighthouse Magazine, the boys revealed the origins of the name Cash Cash. “Basically we were in a previous group [The Consequence] growing up and never thought to copyright the name because when you’re a young local garage band, you don’t have the money and don’t think it really matters…I was like, we should just name this group “Cash Cash” because every one is after our cash, and we don’t have any yet.”
3. Cash Cash once did an in-store Hot Topic mall tour with We The Kings and Hey Monday
At each location the band interacted with fans by doing signings, pictures, and acoustic performances. Due to their large following, fans swarmed the stores for the limited amount of wristbands to gain entry into the shows.
The Disco Balls Tour was headlined by Metro Station and featured sets by Shwayze, Cash Cash, and Tyga — Kylie was only 11-years-old when this tour was happening!
5. The band played the Vans Warped Tour 2009
They played alongside other big acts, such 3OH!3, Flogging Molly, Bayside, Less Than Jake, Senses Fail, Jeffree Star, and Scary Kids Scaring Kids. Alex, Jean Paul and Sam just missed appearing on the same lineup as Katy Perry who did Warped Tour in 2008!
6. They covered Cascada’s epic hit “Everytime We Touch”
Years ago the trio covered Cascada’s most famous hit of all by taking on the dance version, not the “Candlelight Version,” and blending the track with their signature sound!
7. The group honored Michael Jackson with their lead single “Michael Jackson” from their 3rd album, The Beat Goes On
According to PopCrush, Jean Paul stated, “It’s a lot heavier electro-wise…the beats are better and the hooks are more defined. It’s a mix of our Cash Cash electro dance vibe blended with some dubstep shock bundled with a pop anthem chorus.” The sound of the song is a clear departure from their debut album Take It To The Floor.
8. Their remix of Katy Perry’s “Birthday” is featured at the end of her video
In 2014, “Birthday” was released as the second single off Katy Perry’s third record Prism. Cash Cash remixed the song and it was featured at the end of Katy’s 8-minute music video for the song, which featured the songstress dressing up and crashing parties!
9. Jacquie Lee, runner-up on from season 5 of The Voice, is featured on their new album – Blood, Sweat, & 3 Years – on the track “Aftershock”
Jacqiue Lee finished 2nd on NBC’s The Voice to Tessanne Chin. She was 16-years-old when she competed on the show as a member of Christina Aguilera’s team.
10. Blood, Sweat, & 3 Years, they claim, is their most creative album to date!
According to JustJaredJR, the boys believe that their new album, released June 24, 2016, is their most creative album, but it came with a lot of difficulties along the way. There were many “sleepless nights & fist fights, mental breakdowns, 1 million miles flown, multiple hospital visits, and roughly 1 thousand days.” The album is fire, so it was well worth it all!